GOOD SHEPHERD K9 RESCUE
Animal Placement And Adoption Agreement
THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR VIEWING ONLY. IT WILL BE REVIEWED AND SIGNED BY BOTH PARTIES AT THE TIME OF ADOPTION
"THIS IS A LEGAL BINDING AGREEMENT. READ ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING." BY EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE GRANTING PERMISSION BY GOOD SHEPHERD K9 RESCUE TO TAKE CERTAIN ACTIONS TO RECOVER THE ANIMAL ADOPTED PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
Good Shepherd K9 Rescue, in consideration of the sum of $___________, the receipt of which is acknowledged by _______________________, conveys and releases the full responsibility of the dog listed below to the undersigned adopter. The undersigned adopter does hereby release and covenant to hold harmless Good Shepherd K9 Rescue and its volunteers, members and/or officers from any claims, damages, costs or action incurred as a result of this adoption or cause by the actions of the dog transferred herein.
This agreement relates to the following dog and adopter:
Description of Dog:
Approximate Age ____________
Distinguishing Marks ______________________________________________
Phone: home __________________ work __________________
I,__________________________________________, understand and agree to accept the following conditions and restrictions in order to be eligible to adopt the dog described above, from the placing agent, Good Shepherd K9 Rescue.
1) The animal named above is placed with the above individual to be entrusted with their care. The animal is to be cared for, fed, and given proper veterinary and other attention expected of any normal, well cared-for pet.
2) The prospective adoptive parent shall keep the animal in facilities, which are clean, and adequate for its normal lifestyle. This animal shall not be kept constantly chained or tied out, but will reside in the adopter's home as a household pet. Pet will be inside home when adopters are not at home, at no time will pet allowed to be outside in fenced area or on cable when adopters are not at home.
3) At no time is the animal ever to be sold, auctioned off, given to anyone else other than the adopter signing this contract or its home moved to another location (except for relocation of the adopter) without the express prior written consent of the placing agent.
4) If for any reason the adopter can no longer care for the animal, they/he/she are to make arrangements with, and return the animal to the placing agent as long as the animal has not gotten aggressive towards other animals or people, as long as the animal is not given up due to illness. You are to contact the foster person who fostered this pet which is Sherry Pederquist 518-393-0755, Marge Dodd 518-384-2563 who are members of Good Shepherd K9 Rescue.
5) I agree that this animal will never be used for breeding or will be allowed to breed. If the animal has not been spayed/neutered at the time of adoption, I agree to pay a spay/neuter deposit of $35.00 as required by law, in addition to the adoption donation. I agree to have this animal spayed/neutered no later than ________________(date). I agree to provide a copy of the spay/neuter certificate to Good Shepherd K9 Rescue within ten (10) days after the alteration has been performed. The spay/neuter deposit will be returned to the adopter within ten (10) days of receipt of the certificate. If surgery is not completed by this date, the pet will be returned to rescue within 5 days of above spay/neuter deadline date.
6) Identification tag with pet's name, address & phone number will be purchased and placed on pet within 2 days of adoption.
7) If this animal is ever lost or missing, adopter or person taking care of pet is to contact Good Shepherd K9 Rescue volunteer immediately. A 'lost pet' advertisement in local newspaper is to placed immediately (same day) and paid for by adopter.
8) The placing agent shall be given access to the location of any animal placed for purposes of inspection for compliance with this agreement at any reasonable time, with or without advance notice. In the event of any breach of the above terms, the placing agent, and/or Good Shepherd K9 Rescue, are hereby given permission and/or authority by the adopter to remove the animal or make alternate provisions for their care. Adopter agrees to allow any Good Shepherd K9 Rescue volunteer access to his/her home where dog is living for the purpose of inspection of the safety of the animal. If Good Shepherd K9 Rescue volunteer deems the animal is in danger, living outside, being abused, not taken care of properly, kept in unsanitary conditions inside or outside, the dog will be removed immediately.
9) The adoption donation for this pet is non-refundable unless: pet not getting along w/other pets in family or present not liking new pet, pet is aggressive once adopted due to no fault of adopter.
The adopter acknowledges that Good Shepherd K9 Rescue makes no representation as to the conditions, temperament, personality features or other aspects of the animal being adopted, and owner agrees to waive any claim against Good Shepherd K9 Rescue and its volunteers, members and/or officers, as a result of Good Shepherd K9 Rescue furnishing the animal to the adopter or if any claims, damages, injuries and/or other losses which may, in the future be suffered by the adopter or others, as a result of a.) the placement of the animal with the adopter, b.) the future conduct of the animal, c.) the future conduct of the owner with the dog. Specifically, and without limitation, adopter agrees that any negligence of Good Shepherd K9 Rescue and its volunteers, members and/or officers by action or inaction is hereby waived.
If any terms of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void and/or unenforceable, the remainder of the provisions herein shall remain in full force and effect and shall in no way be otherwise affected, impaired or invalidated.
I acknowledge that I have read this entire agreement and have accepted all terms and conditions of this adoption agreement.
Signature of Adopter Date
of Good Shepherd K9 Rescue Date